This is not an ad or sponsored
Not all of us pay attention to putting sunscreen (on face especially) everyday. If you are one of them, you should start having that habit now. Because sun exposure is very ageing to our skin as well as the risk of skin cancers which many of us probably are aware of this. There are many factors that cause your skin to age faster but I’m just going to skip that part because we should already know a lot of them.
Let’s go back to a sunscreen. I used to hate putting them on. I found many of them make my skin too oily, too sticky and too thick (after moisturizer application). Until I realized the importance of it, I’ve been hunting for a perfect one for my type of skin, a combination. (ps. you need at least SPF15 and above for daily use) If I remember correctly, I’ve tried more than 15-17 brands and I only found 2-3 acceptable ones. However, the very best one I found so far is actually founded by a Thai Celebrity, and is called JELLY SUN by Ice Apitsada SPF50 PA++
Because of many positive reviews mostly by the Thais, I decided to give it a try. Great decision I made. I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. On a side note, a founder herself took years of researches and experimenting before she came out with it. It’s already my third tube I’m using now, let me tell you how good it is.
1) Comes in Jelly form like this with smooth, light, and clear texture that can easily blend and quickly absorb into skin.
I normally use this amount (something like a size of red bean) for my entire face.
2) Not oily at all. In fact, I can barely feel I have any sunscreen on after applying it yet it’s so rich with SPF50 protecting skin from UVA, UVB and Infrared.
3) Quite similar to a makeup base that helps your makeup stay in place if you apply it before and so that you don’t need to re-apply it again during the day.
4) Applying Jellysun after makeup does not ruin much of my makeup except for loose powder if I have it on. I have to blend it in slowly and gently, and usually put light powder compact after. This can be the case when you forget and skip sunscreen before makeup.
5) Jellysun works for sensitive skin. Mine is too.
Everything has its pros and cons. Jellysun comes in a small tube of 15g and I think the company mentioned that it could last for 2-3 months. Not for me at least. I use it daily and one tube can last me maximum a month plus. Depending on how often you use as well. Some people find it too expensive selling at 720Baht (without delivery fees and roughly SGD28) for 15g. My first tube I bought it was slightly below 700baht if I remember correctly but they’ve already increased their price. However, because of the great quality of this product, I personally find the price is acceptable.
One more thing, I’m not too sure if they do international shipping now. I doubt so. My brother helped me order and mailed it to me overseas. Website is in Thai too, click here to see. You can email them if you have more questions or leave me a comment. I will try to answer you as much as what I know.
I strongly recommend JellySun especially if you are always expose your skin to the sun for a long time everyday. I love running/jogging during the day time under the sun and I’m no longer worried for my skin as long as I remember to apply Jellysun 20-30 minutes before.
Aside for myself, I’ve also purchased some for my mom and friends as a gift and most of them loved it. It has become an important step of my beauty regime. Thank you for making this.
Do remember, beauty should also be healthy. So keeping your lifestyle healthy can slow down your ageing process too, and not to depend on beauty products alone. Exercise at least.